SEO Strategy, Made Personal
CLIENTS & PRESS:
You know you need to bring in business from organic search. You’re losing out on leads and customers, and you know you need to get started. Like, yesterday.
And you’re sure you’re missing opportunities.
Sometimes when you think of all the times you’ve met a client and they say, “Where have you been all my life?” you feel embarrassed that you didn’t show up when they searched for their problems.
You start to think of all the people you’ve missed because you weren’t visible when they were on the prowl.
- Aren’t sure what SEO actually involves,
- Don’t have the tech skills or the team to research everything yourself,
- Feel like the algorithms are working against your creativity.
Your people love you on social media. You might even have a thriving email list. And you always have a steady stream of referrals, because you are very, very good at what you do.
As for your website showing up in search results for something besides your brand name, though?
You wish you could cast a spell and figure that part out.
Problem is, you don’t have a dedicated SEO team.
And you don’t want to sit through a dozen pitches from SEO agencies who are trying to sell you pre-packaged services you don’t need at a million percent markup, when none of those activities would move the needle for your business.
On top of that, you’ve always been told that you must make some sacrifices to please the Google gods. Your style. Your voice. Your message.
And as a creative entrepreneur, giving up the things that make you who you are would be like giving up your competitive edge. What would be the point?
I’ve been doing organic marketing as a freelancer, in agencies, and on the brand side for a few years now. And let me tell ya:
Imagine what it would be like to:
- Have a steady stream of qualified leads coming in from organic search, from people who are already crazy about you.
- Be known for what you do, and your unique approach to it, without sacrificing your voice or style.
- Stop worrying about social media trends and organic social algorithm updates.
But before you go any further, let me be clear:
What SEO Spellcraft will include:
- Goal check: What gets measured gets better. Let’s make sure you’re tracking the SEO metrics that drive the most impact for your business.
- Positioning: We’ll figure out whether you’re speaking your audience’s language, or if you’re trying to make “fetch” happen.
- Competitive analysis: Are your competitors stealing your thunder, your clients, and your lunch money? We’ll come up with a game plan to showcase your strengths and make you stand out.
- Voice of customer: We’ll identify the right keywords to use in landing pages, blog articles, product descriptions, and other strategic touchpoints throughout your site. And they won’t sound clunky or shoehorned in, because my signature framework centers your customer’s vision.
- Journey mapping: We’ll lay out the content you need to reach your customers at the moment they’re searching for you.
- Actionable insights: It wouldn’t be SEO without a few spreadsheets and dashboards. Fear not! I will explain everything in plain English. Hope you like Loom videos.
What SEO Spellcraft will not include:
- Advertising strategy: This is all about organic marketing, baby!
- Social media: We are focused on your website!
- Execution: I give you the spellbook to execute yourself, or with your own dream team.
- Launch strategy: But I might know some people who can help you!
- Business strategy: SEO Spellcraft is best suited for businesses that have a market already and are looking to add organic search as a channel.
- SHAME: There’s no such thing as a perfect website. And honestly, it’s just not how I roll.
How SEO Spellcraft Works:
- 30-minute intake call: Tell me what you want – what you really, really want. How does SEO play into the vision you have for your website? (Other than rankings. Rankings are the ship – your goals are the shore!)
- Lead generation
- Ecommerce sales
- Blog traffic for affiliate marketing
- Review of site: I look at your site through the eyes of a newcomer and the lens of a search engine using specialized software. What works about its structure and content? What could be better?
- Competitor analysis: Who’s stealing your thunder and why are they outranking you? I’ll audit 5 of your competitors’ sites, scope out their sites with the same software, and tell you why their strategies are working.
- Analytics checkup: You know you need to use Google Analytics, but it’s probably not your favorite way to spend your time. I’ll check on the configuration of your Google Analytics and Google Search Console (if you grant me access, of course!)
- Landscape analysis: What are the keywords you’re going after right now, and what kinds of content do the search engines serve up when people search for them? Let’s put your keywords to the test and find out what bubbles up.
- Keyword research for entry pages: Now is the time to position your offerings for maximum findability. It all starts with finding the right keywords. Brief me on your offerings and I’ll research the most relevant terms to include in your home page, about page, sales pages, product pages, or other top entry points for your customers.
- Video walkthroughs of reports: Spreadsheets and dashboards are part of life. Fear not! You’ll get access to easy-to-understand video explanations of what each report means, so you can pass these along to your teams or refer back to them any time you like.
- 90-minute video call to go over the findings of your site review, how your site fits into the search landscape today, plus strategies you can use to stand out tomorrow.
- Your very own SEO spell book: A collection of tactics you can use time and again to make your content attract your people, like magic.
Who the heck am I, anyway?
I’m Daniela LaFave, head witch in charge here and former in-house SEO strategist at the helm of a billion-dollar global brand.
Before I worked on the brand side, I built my muscles at an ecommerce platform and in an ad agency. So I’ve made hundreds of websites profitable, from software-as-a-service to fashion to art. You literally can’t Google “kitchen sink” without seeing a site I’ve worked on.
I love working with creatives who know SEO is necessary to grow their business, but don’t want to lose the soul that made them successful.
When creative entrepreneurs seek me out for an organic search strategy, they often have great products and services. They’re just not set up to be found by a search audience.
Getting leads organically doesn’t happen without effort. It takes a strategic approach.
It’s hard to see your offerings through the eyes of potential customers, when you’re working on your business every day. Outside perspective is valuable insight into what you have to offer, and how you can position yourself to be discovered by the people who are actively on the hunt for a solution to their problems.
What do I need to be successful with SEO Spellcraft?
You need a website that you’re comfortable using (or a developer or assistant who helps you with it). If you have a WordPress website, you should be able to upload and delete plugins, add a page, and add a user. You’ll also need to either be comfortable writing your own content, having it transcribed, or hiring an SEO content writer.
Will I need to change my content?
Yes, most likely. Search engine optimization involves changing (optimizing) the content on your website so that it performs better in organic search results. My framework is tailored to creative entrepreneurs so that the changes you make are a win-win for you and your clients: Your content satisfies their needs, and they are more likely to buy from you as a result.
Do I need to give you administrative access to my website?
No, I don’t need access to your website for SEO Spellcraft unless you want me to install Google Analytics tracking code or confirm Google Search Console. I can provide you with instructions on how to do this, as well.
Do you need access to my Google Analytics and Google Search Console?
Yes, that would be ideal to help you get the most value out of your SEO Spellcraft.
ARE YOU READY TO
Turn your website into an organic search magnet for finding your dream clients on autopilot, without compromising who you are?
Understand why your near-peer nemesis is outranking you, so you can take action and learn how to attract your clients organically without compromising what makes you who you are?
Create a plan for SEO that gives you more engaged students in your flagship course, more interested people on your email list, and more money in the bank?
Then let’s talk about how SEO fits into your business goals. Tell me a little more about your business and let’s see if we’re a match.